In the past few years, there has been a plethora of location based service sites (LBS) on the Internet. The examples include but not limited to location based social network sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Meetup etc.
These sites provide an opportunity to your prospective and existing customers share information about your business location, your products and services, and ultimately your reputation via their PCs and mobile screens. This has become especially true in Japan which has THE largest mobile penetration ratio in the world. This unprecedented phenomenon can make or break your business in that mobile-savvy consumers can share their views about your business virtually in a matter of seconds.
For you to be able to reap the fullest advantages of the technology which can spread a good or bad news about your business so fast, you must develop a comprehensive strategy for establishing your local identity and brand awareness.
Following are some of the most important issues successful businesses need to consider while spreading their ‘word’ in their local search markets.
- Assess your current listing on the LBS on regular basis
- Fix all the problems with the content and branding these listings show about your business
- Create consistent identity along all the LBS sites of any worth
- Reward your users via discount coupons, promotions and communication
- Encourage your loyal visitors to say some thing positive about your business.
Hitech Solutions has helped several customers in many industries in Japan and elsewhere improve their search engine visibility and conversion rates by aggressively implementing the above principles. Please don’t hesitate to share your take on this issue.